Spokane Assistant Recreational Therapist (Junior or Entry Level) Part Time
RPG Therapeutics LLC has an immediate need in the Spokane Washington area for 2 part time Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) Recreational Therapists.
* Starting pay: $35 - $80 per hour for senior high-quality candidates, or $25-$35 for junior or entry level candidates.
* 20 to 29 hours per week
APPLY HERE: https://rpg.llc/jobs/detail/spokane-wa-recreational-therapist-ctrs-part-time-20-29-hours-per-week-35-80-starting-hourly-wage-27
* Must have CTRS.
* Prefer candidates with tabletop role-playing game experience (TRPG) and other RPG formats.
* Must be able to work in the greater Spokane area on site at a variety of locations.
* Must be able to reliably work flexible schedule Monday through Friday anywhere between 7:30 am to 6 pm range (generally only 4-5 hours per day).
* Must have reliable transportation.
* Experienced and comfortable working with people with significant cognitive or physical disabilities
* Experienced and comfortable working with high risk populations, including non-verbal Autism Spectrum with histories of violence ranging in age from 2 years old through senior adults.
The Recreational Therapist (CTRS - Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist) facilitates and/or assists in facilitation of RPG Therapeutics LLC's regular role-playing game sessions with clients, at various client locations and online. This includes our recreational, entertainment, educational, professional development, parties, retreats, healthcare, therapeutic and other related services.
This role covers tasks relevant to:
* The NCTRC Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
Optional (nice to have, will train):
* The Role-Playing Game Professional diploma / certification.
* The Role-Playing Game Therapy Therapist diploma / certification.
Starting hourly rate is $35 - $80 per hour for senior high-quality candidates, or $25-$35 for junior or entry level candidates, depending on experience (DOE) and qualifications, with a 90 work days probationary period, 6-month annual performance and raise reviews, and annual cost-of-living raises.
RPG Therapeutics LLC currently needs 2 part-time employees available immediately for 20 to 29 hours per week with our higher risk therapeutic clients.
* May be eligible for increase in hours to full time later, depending on client demand and staffing resources.
* Must have current CTRS.
* Prefer Washington State Department of Health Registered Recreational Therapist current registration (will be required to get/maintain registration during employment).
* Must be have own transportation and be able to attend training and client sessions in the Spokane City, Spokane Valley, and Spokane County areas.
GENERAL RECREATIONAL THERAPIST RESPONSIBILITIES
* Arrange, assist, and/or manage sessions with clients
* Work with clients of all ability ranges from ages 2 years old through senior adults.
* Assist and/or facilitate and run Therapeutic Recreation (TR), Recreational Therapy (RT), role-playing game (RPG), cooperative music/drum, or other relevant services and sessions
* Contact and coordinate schedules with clients, staff, and/or other resources
* More senior experienced CTRS staff may provide training to new staff and CTRS internships in accordance with NCTRS requirements.
* Will act as facilitator and instructor for our programs providing training, workshops, and other educational services.
* Will comply with our policies and procedures, especially assessment, planning, implementation, evaluiation, documentation, and re- (APIE +D +R).
* Create and manage recreational therapy / therapeutic recreation program plans and transition plans
* Follow APIE standards and documentation, including extensive and consistent logging, SOAPIER notes, client reports, program design, assessments, evaluations, etc.
* Must have current National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) CTRS (Certified Therapeutic Recreation Therapist) certification.
* Experience working with a wide range of populations
* Experience working with at-risk and/or high-risk populations
* Must have own reliable transportation.
* Be very flexible about scheduling and location (we often provide programs at a variety of our facilities, other client sites, online, or other organizations' facilities under contract)
PREFERRED (some training options may be available to meet the RPG and ASL skills development)
* 5+ years TR Work Experience (for the right candidates we will accept brand new CTRS certified)
* American Sign Language (ASL) skills
* Have level 1 RPG Professional Certification or RPG Research's Level 1 RPG Professional Diploma, or equivalent proven verifiable training, experience, knowledge, and abilities that meets our high standards of practice.
* 3+ years verifiable active RPG GM experience - average 2 group sessions per month ore more frequently.
* 5+ years active RPG player experience
* Experience running RPG sessions as GM for at least 5 different RPG systems (all d20 variants only count as one RPG system)
COOPERATIVE MUSIC AND ROLE-PLAYING GAME RELATED PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES (will train)
* RPG sessions consist of: tabletop (TRPG), live-action (LRPG and larp), electronic (ERPG), and hybrids (RPG).
* RPG sessions meet therapeutic, educational, entertainment, professional development, recreational, or other goals as per client requirements
* In addition to RPG-based programs, may also provide broader recreational therapy interventions using other non-RPG modalities, including cooperative music and drum circle programs, and many others.
* We work with ages 2.5 years old through senior adults
* We work clients from a very broad range of neurodiversity and abilities, including non-verbal
* We work with at-risk AND HIGH-RISK populations, including some that may have histories of violence.
* We provide in-person services locally and regionally, and online services globally
* We provide services across the full range of recreational therapy and cooperative music modalities
* We are the world's leading global innovator in providing tabletop (TRPG), live-action (LRPG and larp), electronic (ERPG), and hybrid (HRPG) role-playing game services
* Position must begin part-time from 20-29 hours. Potentially increase to full time later (but cannot guarantee)
* May remain part-time if you prefer (discuss during interview), must be available a minimum of 20 hours per week..